Monday, April 30, 2007

So Depressing

Today I went shopping at Bluewater. I bought a few nice things, a few useful things and a couple of essential things. However, I felt very depressed when I went into Evans.

There was rack upon rack of dull, uninspiring and downright depressing clothes, some of them so bad I felt like I could cry. With the current fascination for early '70s dodgy smock tops and horrid shirred elastic dresses I felt like I was looking at the fashion pages of Jackie from about 1973! And everything seems to be in a nasty shade of brown - why?

Obviously in one way this is good as I'm not inspired to buy any clothes, but doesn't make my search for a decent outfit for the wedding any easier. I have to say that New Look, usually my little haven for cheap(ish) clothes shopping, was no better and I came away feeling quite depressed and realising that I really do need to lose a decent amount of weight in order to get any nice clothes - although at the moment that would be a challenge anywhere without wanting to look like a reject from the 1970s.

No comments: