Tuesday, October 03, 2006

5 Things ...

Blimey, it’s been ages since I last blogged. Mind you haven’t done much to blog about – it’s been all work, work, work and that makes Tracy a very dull girl!

So the first post of October is based once again on today’s blog prompt on UKS.

Talk about 5 things which are making you happy right now.

This was a toughie, especially for an early morning (well it was early morning when I started thinking about it). My first thought was that I had nothing that I was happy about (yep still got the blues) but then I thought about it a bit more deeply and came up with the following.

1. Friends
Apart from the obvious, that I am happy to have friends and am incredibly fortunate to have some fabulous friends, I actually have 2 specific things I am happy about at the moment. I am happy that a friend I had been worrying was ignoring me wasn’t and we’re going to a football match on Wednesday evening. I am also happy because I am going for a spot of retail therapy with another friend on Friday (also means I get the day off work which is always good!)

2. Family
I am lucky to have a family, but also blessed with the fact that I get on with them well. We may not talk all the time, or get together often, but it’s always a pleasure when we do (well most of the time, anyway). I really do need to make more time to get together with my sister as she doesn’t live all that far away.

3. Health
I am extremely fortunate to have my health. OK so I’ve got the aches and pains everyone starts to get as they get older, and my arthritis can be a nightmare sometimes, but at least I am in one piece and I don’t have anything seriously wrong with me. Having seen my friend Jamie with weekend who unfortunately was not looking at all well, and of course poor Nicky’s continuing problems make me happy that apart from my current cold that doesn’t seem to want to shift I am just fine.

4. Holiday
I am excited and happy to be going on holiday, but if the truth be told, also a little bit scared. Strangely, I’m not worried about travelling alone (done that before), nor the fact I’ll be alone in N’Awlins (murder capital of the USA) as I have found loads of things to do while I’m there and because it’s my spiritual home of course it feels like going home. What I am a bit wary of is the amount of people that will be at the Voodoo Music Experience. I am really looking forward to it, and can’t wait to see Duran Duran again and the Red Hot Chili Peppers for the first time, but there will be so many people there I am worried that I’ll feel lonely and overwhelmed in the large crowd – even with my VIP ticket. I think this started when I went to the Robbie concert and saw how many people were there and it began to sink in just how many people would be in N’Awlins. I’m sure once I’m there I’ll be fine, but it would be good to have some company. Unfortunately that isn’t likely so I guess it’ll just be me chillin’ with a good book.

5. Crafting
I am happy that I have the opportunity to do loads of great crafting things. I just wish I could get my mojo back and actually do some. I’ve only made about 3 cards all year, my jewellery making has been about the same and I have CJs that need to be done and I just can’t find the oomph needed to do them. In fact all I‘ve done for ages now is cut out Christmas decoupage … at least I’m well on the way to making my Christmas cards, if I could actually stop cutting and get on with some other part of the process! *LOL*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Knew you'd find 5 things to be happy about and what great things they aree too.
Thanks for being a great mate.
Lubs ya