Tuesday, October 10, 2006

A bit of a catch up

I haven’t blogged for a few days because of being busy and generally not having much to say. I was going to rant about Iain’s latest idiocy at the pub, but it won’t do anything other than wind me up again so I shall refrain, although he annoyed me more this weekend than he has done for a while.

Saturday was very quiet at the pub – so quiet that I had time to get a whole bar cleaned from top to bottom, definitely not expected on football days. I really did mean to watch the England game, but I got into an interesting conversation about knitting (no honestly it was interesting) so I missed it. I did have people appearing on a regular basis to inform me that the game was crap though, so I don’t think I missed out on anything. I then spent a quiet evening indoors and ended up watching a couple of episodes of Hex before having an early night as I was completely shattered. I just don’t seem to be able to shake off the cold I got when I got back from Spain (or I’ve been unlucky and caught one after another after another). So England are playing again on Wednesday evening. Not sure what I’ll be doing yet but it’s looking like being in the Sherwood I guess. Just hope they have a better game than the last one!

Sunday was, if anything, quieter than Saturday – I managed to get the other bar cleaned, although that left me nothing to do on Monday night. But at least I had visits from friends which livened things up a bit. Andrea loved the t shirt that I got for Aiden on Friday. Stayed for only a short while after work (unlike the last 2 weeks where I was there till closing time) and then went home to spend a quiet evening vegging in front of the TV with yet another early night.

Not sure the early nights are good for me though as I felt even worse on Monday morning (maybe too much sleep?). So I wasn’t really with it which is why I didn’t realise my jeans had a huge hole in an almost embarrassing place until I was already at work. Cue me spending the day trying desperately not to walk around too much in case anything was visible. Just hope I can get another pair in time for my holiday – can’t possibly go to a festival without jeans. It took me so many months to find a pair of jeans that fitted so well and they never had another pair in my size or I would have bought 2 pairs at the time (still remembering the burnt jeans episode so like to have a back up pair). As predicted the pub was dead and without any cleaning to do I resorted to cutting Christmas decoupage (yep I really was that bored). The only problem with quiet nights is that they go so slowly – but at least I’ll get my Christmas cards made *LOL*

I’m really excited as American Gothic is finally being reshown on ITV4. Of course it is on Wednesday night and I’m expecting to be out watching the footie, but I shall definitely be videoing it. I have been trying to get a cheap(ish) copy of this on DVD ever since it was released last year, but with no success yet. Gary Cole is just the fabbest actor in this (even gives Kiefer a run for his money in the sexy stakes) - you just gotta love Sheriff Lucas Buck ‘cos he’s soooo evil. All I need is for them to rescreen ‘Space Above and Beyond’ and I’d be incredibly happy.

With only 16 days left till my holiday I am beginning to get excited, so I’ve added a video clip of Duran Duran doing one of my favourite tracks. Enjoy!

No comments: