Friday, October 13, 2006

Music, music and more music

This morning I saw the video of 'Welcome to the Black Parade' by My Chemical Romance and fell in love with it instantly. So I've changed my blog video to that - now you can click on it and see why it's so fab for yourself. Fortunately for me, MCR are one of the bands playing at Voodoofest ... this time in 2 weeks I'll be on my way!

There is so much great and varied music around at the moment - I'm loving the new Killers album and the current single is such a beautiful song. The same goes for Razorlight's single - nice to see it at No.1 rather than some dodgy dance cover version ... although it's kept the Hoff from the top spot (sorry Mrs H!). I'm also listening to anything by The Dirty Pretty Things (love, love, love) and the new Kasabian album. Today I have downloaded the new Sting album 'Songs from the Labyrinth' containing his lute music and Gothic Archies 'Tragic Treasury', the companion music to Lemony Snicket's ASOUE books, the last of which is released today and I need urgently. Also a bit more unknown stuff (to me at least) such as Peter, Bjorn and John, the Guillemots and Vashti Banyan. I'm sure there will be more to come including the Beck album.

I have been trying to track down some of the lesser known artists on the Voodofest bill. I have been pretty successful, so have quite a big 'festival' folder.

I definitely need that new I-Pod!



No comments: