Thursday, October 05, 2006

Brrrrr!

Autumn (or is it Winter already?) is here with a vengeance. Today, the weather is freezing cold and horridly rainy. I am even considering putting on my heating tonight and I have already put on my thick thermal socks and a jumper.

Last night I went to a football match. It was only the 2nd one I’ve ever been to, and I enjoyed it immensely, even though the team we were there to support ended up losing 6-0 – a pretty dreadful score by any standards, but especially considering it was the cup final. Of course not being used to Autumn matches, I was a bit underdressed for the occasion – Andrew was in a t shirt, shirt and 2 fleeces, whilst I was wearing a long sleeved top and nice looking, but fairly ineffective fleecy jacket. Needless to say by the end of the first half I was freezing. I was definitely wishing I had remembered my gloves at the very least. However, I wasn't the only one. Oz was there wearing only a t shirt and thin jacket and several other people hadn't realised that it was going to be quite so cold either. Luckily the bar was warm, and the pub even warmer after the match had finished. I was impressed at the amount of support the team received from the Sherwood Oak patrons. It was like a home from home down there, and the pub must have been completely empty for the early part of the evening.

Tonight I really need to get on with doing my Discworld CJ which needs to be posted tomorrow and I also need to get a LO done for the Digidreamer monthly kit challenge. Hopefully I’ll be able to post the results of both later.

No comments: