Monday, October 16, 2006

Life is a Funny Old Thing

Yesterday I completed two layouts and I am very pleased with both of them. In fact, at least one is probably the best layout I’ve ever done and is certainly the best photo I’ve ever taken (yep it’s the one I was talking about the other day when I said I just needed to find the perfect kit). Strange then, that these 2 layouts have received less views on UKS than just about any of my others. Now, I never expect to get a great number of views as I am not one of the ‘in’ people and I certainly don’t expect to get many comments, (although I do sometimes wonder whether if I put out a plea like Anso did whether that would make a difference) but I do find it disappointing that people can’t even be bothered to check out new work that doesn’t involve pictures of children. So here they are, for everyone in the world to see.

Uses Dana Frantz's Raspberry Cafe, fonts are AdineKirnberg Script and Chatterbox Courtney

Uses Victoria Feemster's Purple Rain kit and Chatterbox fonts Kreider and Courtney

Finally I have some good news from the pub! Iain is away for 3 weeks doing a relief in a pub in Bedford (poor them) which means I don’t have to see him before I go on holiday. Hopefully I should be a bit happier working there as I get on very well with the assistant manager Steve who will be running things. It also means that things should run a bit better. Yesterday I had a huge argument with one of our regular customers. The guy is a pain in the arse at the best of times, but for the last few weeks he has been accusing me of short changing him at least once a weekend (it is not just me he does this to, but I’ve had enough of it). When it has turned out that he is wrong, he refuses to apologise, you are supposed to just put up with it. If it turns out he is correct you are supposed to apologise to him and put up with a boring lecture. Yesterday I had had enough and told him exactly what I (and many of the other customers) thought of him. I then told him I wouldn’t serve him any more so there wouldn’t be a problem with me short changing him. Problem is he annoyed me so much that it really ruined the rest of my afternoon, although I did manage to calm down a little bit by the time I had finished my shift and a nice relaxing evening helped even more!

Its now only 11 days till my holiday and I have started drawing up a packing list … I am so determined to travel light, but it just really isn’t me. For starters I’m torn between cases. I want to take something small and easily portable as I don’t want to be lugging a huge suitcase round New Orleans - not a sensible move methinks, but at the same time I am obviously intending to do a bit (lot) of retail therapy whilst there and will need enough space in my case for my new purchases. Suggestions would be gratefully received on where I can get Mary Poppins’ handbag *LOL*.

Oh and finally … My Chemical Romance is Number One! Good job boys. Looking forward to the new album in 7 days.

No comments: